The School Nutrition Association (SNA) is the only professional association dedicated solely to the support and well being of school nutrition professionals in advancing good nutrition for all children.
Becoming a member of the Nebraska School Nutrition Association automatically makes you a member of SNA.
Member Benefits include
- Enhance and further your career through SNA Certification and Credentialing
- Network with industry peers, share information and discover best practices to apply in your programs at SNA conferences and through the Online Communities
- Increase your wealth of knowledge with professional development materials and up-to-date industry news
- Access to member only information at state and national level
- Receive a subscription to SNA’s award-winning publication School Nutrition magazine
- Take advantage of scholarship and grant opportunities
- Enjoy a variety of members-only discounts on products and programs, including Emporium purchases, conference registrations, latest research findings, SNA Certification and insurance plans
- Access members-only information on the SNA website including additional news and talking points, Online Communities, archives of School Foodservice & Nutrition, Tuesday Morning and several “Tools You Can Use” such as the Promotional Calendar
School District Owned Membership (SDM)
A membership that is owned by a school district (or state agency) in the name of an individual. This membership can be transferred to another employee in the same membership category if the original member/person leaves the district. SDM allows you to group all of your memberships together so that you can receive one invoice for all of your renewals once or twice a year (or as requested).The SDM is managed by a designated administrator within the school district (or state agency). SDM members still receive all the same benefits of individual membership. For more information, please visit: www.schoolnutrition.org/sdm. For a full guide about SDM, please visit: www.schoolnutrition.org/sdmguide.
- SNA Certificate Program: http://www.schoolnutrition.org/Certificate/Certificate-Program/
- Credentialing: http://www.schoolnutrition.org/Credentialing/
- School Nutrition Magazine: http://www.schoolnutrition.org/SNMagazine/
- Scholarships: www.schoolnutrition.org/scholarships
- pdf NSNA membership application (653 KB)
SNA’s Certificate Program
Have you been thinking about earning your SNA Certificate in School Nutrition? There is no time like the present! Earning your SNA Certificate in School Nutrition shows your commitment to your profession and helps you stay current on the job. Take the first step towards your Level 1, Level 2 or Level 3 certificate in School Nutrition by downloading the Certificate in School Nutrition Program Guide (which includes the application) or visiting www.schoolnutrition.org/certificate for all the details.
It is easy to get started towards a Level 1 Certificate, with 3 simple steps:
STEP 1: Complete one 8-hour Nutrition Core Course and one 8-hour Food Safety Core Course. The National Food Service Management Institute (www.nfsmi.org) offers both 8-hour courses online and free of charge!
STEP 2: Send SNA a completed application, payment and Certificates of Completion.
STEP 3: THAT’S IT! SNA will send a letter confirming applicants that you have earned your Level 1 Certificate in School Nutrition and then you can share your success using the certificate program celebration tools at www.schoolnutrition.org/certificatesuccess.
Visit www.schoolnutrition.org/certificate for all the details.