The School Nutrition Association offers a rich array of continuing education programs for SNA members and the entire school nutrition community. Whether you’re just beginning your career in school nutrition or seeking to deepen your understanding of the intricacies of school feeding programs, SNA has the resources you need to get started.
- SNA Webinars – Healthy, Hunger-Free Kids Act
- SNF Education Programs and Courses
- School Nutrition University (SNU)
- SNF’s Wednesday Webinar Series
- SNF’s Peer2Peer Connect
Mark Your Calendar for a Great Summer Training Opportunity!
What? the Child Nutrition Training Academy
When? June 6-10 (Limited to 35)
Who should register?
- • Recommended for school food service directors, managers and staff
- • Coursework eligible for Level 2 School Nutrition Association (SNA) Certification*
*40 hours – must have high school diploma or equivalent
What topics will be covered? Topics include school nutrition 101; basic culinary math; Buy American Provision; utilizing the cafeteria as a classroom; managing personalities and conflict; financial management; and menu planning
How do I register for this training? To register, please utilize this link: Child Nutrition Training Academy Registration
Participants must be at least 19 years of age to attend the Child Nutrition Training Academy.
Who should I contact if I have questions?
Zoom Meeting Certificates
- pdf NSNA District Meeting Certificate District 2 Zoom 10 17 2021 (100 KB)
- pdf Nutr Ed Certificate of Completion (245 KB) 10-17-2021
- SNA Certificate Program http://www.schoolnutrition.org/Certificate/Certificate-Program/
- SNS Credentialing http://www.schoolnutrition.org/Credentialing/
- Scholarships www.schoolnutrition.org/scholarships
- pdf Pro Standards Flyer 5-14-15 FINAL (170 KB)
The Breakfast Summit hosted by the School Nutrition Foundation, SNA’s sister charitable organization, in April was too good not to share with all of you. The summit led discussions on how Breakfast in Classroom (BIC) does more than put food in children’s stomachs, as it often improves the social-emotional climate of the school, reduces the stigma of underprivileged students receiving free meals (especially when the universal free model of breakfast is implemented), how BIC increases school attendance and prepares students for learning. This webinar will also bring you one of the highlights of the summit, the school nutrition staff from Houston County (Texas) Schools, who will share what they have been able to accomplish with increased participation in Breakfast in the Classroom. Join us June 19, and learn more here.
The Training Zone: Made with You in Mind
- SNA’s new Training Zone provides members a unique opportunity to focus on career growth as SNA continues to bring you key topics that will be of benefit to you and your program. Checkout our online training modules and live and on-demand webinars.
SNA’s online training located in the Training Zone provides the advantage of not being bound by geography or time, so all learners can control when and where they train. It also allows learners to train at their own pace while they are exploring new concepts.
A one-stop shop for eLearning, on-demand, 24-7 content, the current modules in the Training Zone feature specialized online trainings developed by school nutrition professionals. All Webinar Wednesdays and Webinars On-Demand are free to members as part of your membership benefits and discounts are offered on all other training courses. District packages are currently available for the ethics training program with more package options coming soon. Learn more about our eLearning modules:
• Dollars & Cents of Financial Management
- • Culinary Skills Trainin
- • Ethics in School Nutrition