The scholarship is limited to a maximum of $250. Scholarship applications will be accepted 60-90 days prior to the event. Money will be sent to the applicant two weeks before the training or event
There are four grade categories for the contest: K-1, 2-4, 5-8, and 9-12.
Four winners will be chosen and each will receive a $50 check from the Nebraska School Nutrition Association.
- Contest Rules:
1. All entries must be the student’s original artwork on an 8 1/2 x 11 inch sheet of unlined white paper. Do not use white plain poster board as it is not allowed.
2. The theme ‘Adventures with Nutrition!’ must be printed on the artwork.
3. The student’s name, address, grade, and school must appear on the back of the artwork.
4. Each entry must be accompanied by a completed entry form signed by the principal and cafeteria manager.
5. Each school district will be allowed to submit four entries for the competition: one for each grade category.
6. Entries must be postmarked by December 17, 2021.
7. If any of the above rules are not followed, the entry will be automatically disqualified.
8. Entries will not be returned unless requested.
Send your school district’s entries to:
Nebraska School Nutrition Association
Lincoln, NE 68145-1527
The SNA awards program is a wonderful way to highlight the outstanding and important work of SNA members!
Members and state associations are eligible for many awards and honors that recognize their achievements in school foodservice, leadership, membership recruitment and professional development.
- The Employee of the Year award recognizes non-managerial school nutrition employees for the contributions they have made throughout their school nutrition career.
- The Manager of the Year, in honor of Louise Sublette recognizes school nutrition managers for the contributions they have made throughout their school nutrition career.
- The Director of the Year award recognizes school nutrition directors for the contributions they have made throughout their school nutrition career.
- The President’s Award of Achievement, in honor of Thelma Flanagan recognizes the commitment and dedication individuals who act as State President make to SNA, school nutrition, and the children SNA members serve every day.
- The President’s Award of Excellence recognizes three state presidents each year who demonstrate extraordinary leadership by successfully implementing strategies that advance school nutrition programs in their states and who made the extra effort in achieving excellence in each of SNA’s four Strategic Goals.
- Membership Awards recognizes state associations for increasing membership, attaining the membership goals determined by SNA, and achieving the greatest increase in membership amongst state associations. Each state association will only be given one of these three awards, Increasing Membership, Membership Goal Award or Membership Division Champions.
- Professional Development Awards recognizes state associations attaining SNA certificate program goals and achieving the highest increase in SNS credentialing.
- NOW is the time to promote the Employee, Manager and Director of the Year Awards and get a plan ready to judge nominations you receive in the state! We are continuing to accept nominations online here: www.schoolnutrition.org/SNAawards and will send you any nominations we receive for your state. Remember for most states the deadline to receive nominations from members is March 1st. Want to learn more about the resources available to state leaders and how to judge the award nominations? Check out the State Awards Toolkit at www.schoolnutrition.org/AwardsToolkit. There, you’ll find a new, short 9-minute training for state leaders and all the judging forms you need. You will need to submit your state winners to SNA headquarters by March 15th. New this year! We also have created and posted a document online (and attached here) with “good” and “better” responses to award form questions to help nominators write great nominations and to help judges score the nominations. Examples were provided by members of the SNA Board of Directors.